July 20, 2012

Chapter Fourteen Page Ten, Will, The Prestige Household



“Ugh, I’m sorry I even asked,” Dani said, “If I knew this would be a federal issue I’d have just, like, not asked.” She looked down at her paper. She wrote her name at the top.

            Will thought it looked stupid upside down. He was also aware that he was really grumpy and tried to cool down, “I would let you borrow anything you wanted, if only you’d tell me what exactly you’d be doing with them.”
            Dani continued to scribble on her paper.
            Will stood up, “So, no, Dani. Anyway, legendary equipment is lengendarily dangerous, so I would have to train you if you wanted to use any of it.”
            “Forget about it,” Dani said.
            “Sorry,” Will said.
            “I mean, like, if you had to train me, that would be so lame and I’m sure you’d, like, train me wrong. I’ll just go to the hardware store. Maybe they’ll have an invisibility cloak there.”
            “Ok.”
            “Yeah, like, ok.”
            Will walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a soda. He started drinking it. He leaned against the counter and stared over towards Dani.
            She didn’t notice.
            He tried to see if he could stare harder.
            “You’re creeping me out, Will,” she said, “What are you doing?”
            “Trying to see if… If I glared at you long enough you’d feel guilty about that little spat and tell me what you need legendary equipment for.”
            “Well, like, it isn’t working,” Dani said, “And since you’re so stupid looking, I guess we can call it a double failure, which is pretty cool, we haven’t, like, had one of those in awhile.” She reached up for a high five.
            Will turned and left. He kept a straight face while he did so and mentally congratulated himself once he reached the living room. Dani had left her hand up. Will was pretty sure she had, anyway. He didn’t actually know. He knew that if he looked back in there right away she would hear him and throw the hand up before he entered. He’d have to give it some time. See if she was really at all dedicated to it.
            In the meanwhile, he thought about watching television. He took a long gulp from the soda bottle and gave himself a wicked case of braaaain freeeeze. He then thought about the briefcase he’d delivered on Saturday.
            He decided he was more interested in figuring out why brain freeze had made him think about the briefcase.
            Eventually, the train of thought made him do this; he reached into his pocket and grabbed his wallet. He opened it, and found the slip of paper that contained Fuchsia’s cell number. Will realized he’d almost forgotten about her. He wondered what she would say if he called.

NEXT PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment