June 26, 2012

Chapter Ten Page Six, Will, Uptown



“I have the stupid briefcase,” he said, “And I met some Grays who think you’re a Bricklayer.”

            “Did you tell them about me?” She asked.
            “I told them that I was pretty sure I’d been mind controlled into grabbing the briefcase.”
            “Well, you were, so I guess I can’t be too mad at you,” she said, “I won’t mind control you to bring it back though. I realized that would make it too easy on you.”
            “What? Like I have to make the choice to save my family or something? Is that what you’re saying?”
            “Yeah, exactly!”
            “Well I’ll be there in like ten or fifteen minutes I think.”
            “You gotta lose the Grays first, remember? They’re following you now.”
            Will held the phone in front of him and turned off the screen so he could look in the reflection. There was the crimson haired pair behind him. He put the phone back up to his ear, “The pyreweaver kids, yeah, thanks. I probably would have seen them sooner or later.”
            “Yeah, I hope,” she said, “If you don’t lose the trail I’m definitely going to be paying your family a visit. You can probably lose them if you take the other bridge. They still think you’re with the Strifepalms, so if you cut through the ‘burbs they’ll probably get confused and turn back.”
            “I guess,” Will said, “Or I can just lose them in Downtown. It’s really easy to lose people in Downtown.”
            “But you’ll be going right where they think you’ll be going and that’s really boring so, hey, just for me, don’t do the boring thing. You don’t even have to follow my advice. Just find a way to get them to break off.”
            “I have until midnight, right?”
            “I’ll give you until tomorrow afternoon,” she said, “If I like your plan.”
            “I’ll just go home,” he said, “And bring it later.”
            “Oh, that’d be fine. Really, if you have it, I guess it’s pretty safe. But I do need that. There are a lot of important things inside of it.”
            “Really?”
            “Well, just one important thing,” she said, “I stole it last night when everyone was getting confused about the Diplomat being missing. But you don’t know the combination so I’m not too worried about you opening it.”
            “What did you steal?” Will asked.
            “I can’t tell you what I stole, but the Bricklayers think the Strifepalms stole it, and so that’s why they’ve kidnapped the Diplomat. Hey, that rhymes. Kid-napped the Dip-lo-mat.”
            “Ok,” Will said, “Nice one. But I’ll see you at the warehouse at an inconvenient hour, then. If that’s alright by you.”
            “Oh yeah, of course it’s alright. It’s grand. See you then, guy.”
            She hung up. Will looked behind him and waved at the crimson kids. The girl waved back. She was still smiling. He stood still and they stopped moving too. He pointed at his wrist, trying to let them know, hey you know I am not a busy kid I literally have all the time to kill we could be standing here literally forever.
            The crimson haired girl shrugged, yeah we see what you’re doing, but we are in the same situation, so we can wait too.
            Will turned and went west. He had a plan. He pulled out his phone and dialed Adam’s number. It rang twice, and then Will heard someone answer it silently.
            “Adam?” Will asked.
            “Bro, I told you, I can’t do anything, I’ve got to clean my room.”


NEXT PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment